Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Mysterious Red Velvet

My 7yr old sister asked me today what red velvet was made of..in terms of the dessert. Being the weirdo big sister that I am..I told her it was blood mixed with chocolate. She gagged and said "ewwww" and then I told her it was just chocolate colored with red. Have you ever heard someone say they don't like chocolate but they like red velvet? Well that's a big ole lie because they are the same flavor!

Anyways..my friend Angie found this recipe originally by Paula Deen for red velvet cake cookies. Gooey chewy red velvet cookies. Absolute heaven. And it's almost Valentine's day...so why not make them?!

Here's the ingredients you will need:

- 1/2 cup of butter (room temperature)
- 8oz of cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 box of red velvet cake mix
- confectioner's sugar for dusting

First I creamed the butter and cream cheese in an electric mixer. Then I added in the egg and the vanilla and mixed it until it was well blended. Next I mixed in the cake mix until it became a creamy doughy texture.



I then put my dough in the fridge for at least 2 hours.

I preheated my oven to 350 degrees farenheit.

After the dough was done chilling, I removed it from the fridge and rolled it into tablespoon sized balls, rolled them in the confectioner's sugar and placed them on an ungreased cookie sheet.






I baked them for about 12 minutes and they came out kinda cakey but delicious and chewy.





So happy valentine's day everyone! Spreading so much love!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment