Sunday, November 7, 2010

Ben Lee 2010

On Thursday, November 4th, my friend from work and I saw the adorable Australian musician Ben Lee perform at Stage One in Fairfield, CT.




We got some delicious sushi in Stamford beforehand..



My friend and I..



The opener was Alexa Wilding...whose music I wasn't too fond of. Her lyrics were dry and humdrum..and just about every song sounded the same with a few basic chords. To be honest it reminded me of something I would have heard in high school at one of our literary magazine open mic nights...except worse. Sorry Alexa. I did like your outfit though!




Then along came Ben Lee!



He asked the audience for a nail clipper...in all seriousness..and my friend happened to have one.




He opened with "I'm a Woman Too"... a song from his new album: The Rebirth of Venus. He also sang favorites such as "Gamble Everything for Love" and "Catch my Disease".



At the end, instead of the following the traditional routine of going behind the curtain and "pretending to leave"...he turned around while the audience cheered for an encore.



He then spun around...looking surprised and shocked that the audience wanted an encore.



And he finished off by unplugging his amp and playing "We're all in this Together" while the crowd sang along.



What a stud.

No comments:

Post a Comment