Monday, March 1, 2010

Talk of Trees



The winter blues can really get you down. Most times winter leaves me unmotivated, lazy, and I almost never want to go outside to risk a frostbit nose.



The sun sets earlier..so it's dark more often and rarely will you catch a glimpse of the sun peeking through those snow clouds. Today however, I was lucky to catch some gorgeous weather and sunshine. So I decided to go for a walk to a nearby reservoir. Going for a walk during winter is definitely a great natural antidepressant. Might I add though..that for some odd reason, whilst walking on the road, a woman in a car pulled over and asked me if I wanted a ride. Did I look like a hitchhiker or a vagabond?



I found this rather creepy decapitated clown toy in the woods.



The trees are bare.



Despite the changing of the seasons and the coming of spring, you can still get a whiff of pine needles in the woods.



A little burrow in a tree for some forest critter?



My favorite grave in the cemetary. Jane was born on Christmas and died on my birthday 100 years before I was born. Guess who put the sunflower there?



It's kind of worn down now..perhaps I'll get a new one.



Deer tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment