Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Paula Cole- City Winery

She performed at the City Winery on September 22, 2010.
I was lucky enough to have a good enough seat that I could have probably seen up her nose...she was right there!

I had only known two of her songs "Where Have all the Cowboys Gone?" and "I Don't Wanna Wait"...which are her most popular songs. I hadn't known much about her either..but a few of my friends invited me to see her with them...and she put on a wonderful performance!

First off, the City Winery itself was a lovely venue. It was classy and cozy..we sat a table, just a few feet from the stage and her piano. The only thing that was a bit bothersome was that we were cramped amongst other fans because the tables were so close together. I ended up bumping elbows with a hot pink mohawked gentleman.



She released her new album "Ithaca"

Her performance was emotional and full of energy. She sang songs about her mother, daughter and even a particular one which was influenced by Nirvana's "Come As You Are". She came across as a very genuine individual who puts her heart and soul into her music.



Although she fits into a genre of music that is a bit softer than I'm used to, I had a great experience and especially loved her beat-boxing number at the end.



More photos from the show at my flickr!

No comments:

Post a Comment