Sunday, July 25, 2010

Mini Teal cupcakes with Nutella Buttercream Frosting

It was yet another birthday at my work and I decided to make something other than my usual Linzer cookies..something simpler but equally delicious.

I used a basic boxed white cake mix for my cupcakes and added equal parts blue and green food dye to color them a nice teal color.




The baked mini cupcakes.



To make the Nutella Buttercream frosting:

Ingredients:

  • 2 sticks of unsalted softened butter
  • 2 tablespoons of milk
  • 3 cups of powdered sugar
  • 1 cup of Nutella
Mix the butter with an electric mixer until it's smooth and creamy. Then mix in the Nutella until it's a fluffy consistency. Add in the milk.

Next, add in the powdered sugar, cup by cup, until it reaches the desired "frosting-like" consistency. Spread on your cupcakes and enjoy!



You can add sprinkles as a finishing touch!








2 comments:

  1. Holy cow those are darling and the frosting sounds TO DIE FOR! Love, west coast Diana Westin (WCDW)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!!! They really were delicious :P

    Love, east coast Diana Westin (ECDW)

    PS..sorry I still haven't visited you..I'm working full time now and don't have much time off..I'm also trying to save money for a trip as well as pay for school so it's kinda annoying..but I'm shooting for early 2011 possibly..hopefully..haha. I'll see.

    ReplyDelete